Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Really?

I don't know, maybe I'm not all that different from most of you, but every now and then I say to myself, "Really?  Is this what I natter on about?"  And I know that whatever I natter on about basically comprises my life.  You know, where your thoughts go, the energy flows?  But I can't help myself actually. I really do care about the little things.  It does indeed make my heart fit to burst putting together my little care packages full of a feast for the senses.

Lemon Cumin Tea Cookies
Such a weekend I had!  12 Lemons, really, do you know what 12 Lemons can add to a life?  Well I'll tell you, LOTS!  I zested and juiced all those suckers.  I now have a freezer bag full of ice cube sized fresh lemon juice just waiting to be made into lemonade, dropped into tea, or added to any number of recipes calling for some acid.  And the zest?  Well, I have my first ever batch of Limoncello in the works.  The zest is infusing some Vodka which will then be strained before adding a simple syrup.  And . . .Walla!   or Ta Dah!
Limoncello in the Works
But I think the best of all was looking at those emptied rinds and knowing that I couldn't just chuck them.  They are too acidic for the compost so I had to come up with something.  Done!  Little Fire Starters :)  I dehydrated them in a low oven overnight, now they are crispy, little shells that I am stuffing with dryer lint.  Perhaps before they are put to use I will melt leftover candles and pour the wax in them.
Some of you may think "Wow, she has way too much time on her hands" or "She must be crazy."  And who knows, you may be right?  For you anyway.  But I say, "Crazy is as crazy does."

From Auguries of Innocence
By William Blake
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...