Thursday, February 24, 2011

Away We Go!

Exciting day here today.  Going on an adventure.  A family adventure.  In a car.  Two mountain passes away.  Yes, we're headed to Steamboat Springs, Colorado.  So exciting!  I've lived in Colorado for 25 years and although I've visited Steamboat in the Summer, I've never skiied there.  Until Now.

I almost thought I would be hanging up the downhill skiis last season, and pursue a gentler, more contemplative snow sport like snowshoeing or Nordic skiing?  But Max had other plans for us.  He is as passionate about this Winter sport as his grandfather, Bumpy.  When he's not skiing, he is reading up on world class resorts, watching Free Skiing Vids online, or entering contests to win cool gear.  Here is a photo he took to enter a contest for the best picture of an animal and skiis:
Looks like a winner to me!

So, we'll load up the Pilot, and head out after school today.  I don't know what will be more fun, the skiing, or the road trip.  We've had some great ones in our days, always a book on "tape", snacks, handwork, and yes the occasional (ahem) squabble, but what would a road trip be without one, or two, or ?  Well you get the idea.

I'm not sure what access I'll have to my Laptop while away, seeing as this was a major bargaining chip for Rachel, and I wouldn't want to rock her world, when at all possible!  So rather than love you and leave you, I will share this little diddy that has been living with me and hopefully can live with you until we meet again.

"If I had but two loaves of bread, I would sell one and buy hyacinths, for they would feed my soul."
- Prophet Muhammad

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...