Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simply Be

What can I say?  Sometimes I get to thinking.  I've often thought this was my gift, my ability to "connect the dots."  Something happens, a written thought is read, a friend shares a story, a teacher shares an insight or learning, and boom, here I go off to the races.  Connecting the dots of my life.  And although this is a fun pursuit, and I do love a good puzzle, else times its just nice to let go and trust and know that, yes, everything is connected, and yes, it is fun to think about, but really, don't spend too much of my precious time wrapping things up in tidy, pretty little packages.

"True wealth is the ability to let go of your possessions." Yogi Bahjan

I always interpretted this quote literally, as in, ok, so if I'm not attached to "my possessions" I won't own them, or more likely, they won't own me.  But now, I'm realizing "my possessions" could mean my thoughts as well.  Maybe that's why I enjoy handwork, gardening, and yoga so much.  Through these pursuits I'm able to visit a beautiful, simple, empty-of-thought kind-of place to be.

Imagine that?  Just being.  So simple.  But sometimes so hard to achieve.  As Benjamin Hoff in the Tao of Pooh states,

"The essence of the principle of the Uncarved Block (P'u) is that things in their original simplicity contain their own power, power that is easily spoiled and lost when that simplicity is changed."

Here's wishing you all a simply beautiful day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...