Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Winter's Slow Demise

I can feel it, can you?  I feel it as a little quickening in my step.  The early mornings don't seem so early anymore.  Bedtimes sometimes stretch a little later, sometimes.  But, I'm in no rush.  Too soon my energy will be pulled outside, and I'm still enjoying this inside time.  And yet, here I find myself doing the oddest things.  Yesterday I caught myself DUSTING.  What?  How can that be?  Not only dusting, but ENJOYING the process.

I have this lovely craft cabinet (converted TV cabinet) in my bedroom that houses a collection of my bits and bobs inside and on the top.  I do love my collections.  I walk past it everyday on my way to the bathroom, so there's no chance in not seeing it.  And how dusty it gets.  And sometimes, enough is enough.

Yesterday was just such a day.  Now I'm the first to admit I lack discipline.  Who wants to maintain something "old" when you can be starting something new?!  But I'm trying.  So rather than begrudgingly tackle this little bit of chaos, I took the time to relish it.  As Gradpa would say, "If you can't get out of something, get into it!"

Each piece, a photo, a ring, a necklace, a hankie, a bottle of perfume, is a connection to someone I love.  Taking the time to touch each one (well almost each one), lovingly clean off the dust, and carefully find its new place was a moment to remember and revisit that love.  As you can see, I have a lot to be grateful for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...