Monday, June 6, 2011

Why Blog?

Beauty is Everywhere, Especially if You Look For It!
I'm grateful for this space to record my thoughts, feelings, images, hopes and wishes.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to share with family and friends.  I'm grateful for the potential to connect with other like-minded people who I may not ever have the chance to encounter otherwise.

For the most part the posts actually write themselves.  Ordinarily my experiences have a way of collecting and connecting in my brain with some alacrity, thank goodness.  I'm blessed to live a full life that way.  And all these little thoughts have a way of bubbling up, filling me with a certain amount of energy, so it's nice to have a place to put them.  It's kinda' like lifting the lid on a simmering pot of rice to let off the steam before it bubbles over.  Such a blessing to have yet another practice that brings clarity.

But there are moments, not many, when it's hard to share.  When I can't necessarily tie a pretty bow on my life.  That's not to say that my life is difficult.  It's just hard to find the bright side sometimes.  Yesterday was such a day, and boy, I think I have a negative attitude hangover.  It's quite a vicious circle, worry, doubt, anxiety.  It feeds on itself.

But I've been given a new day, with new possibilities and I'm not going to waste it.  So with a "parting is such sweet sorrow" I must log off and find out what life has in store for me today.

What does it have in store for you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...