Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gotta Get Your Head In The Game

Who doesn't love American's favorite pastime, Baseball?  Well, I haven't been so sure, even after living with arguably one of the game's biggest fans for the past 20 years.  What can I say, my brain just isn't wired to follow the plays, or so I thought.  Turns out this season was going to be different.  My son has played Little League for years, but this was the first time with his dad coaching the team.  So it would seem there was no better time to get my head in the game.

Luckily, we discovered a lovely little thing called a scorecard.  Turns out I have quite a penchant for keeping score.  It's a lot like Sudoku, or a cross word puzzle.  I love it!  Finally a way to help me focus on the plays.
Now if they only made one for managing teens.  This past weekend we had the misfortune of finding out what happens when you "take your eye off the ball."  Let me tell you folks, the risks are too great and the consequences scarey.  Raising teens is a slippery slope, kinda' like nailing jello to a tree, but nothing could be more important than establishing those ground rules.  It's tough.  Sometimes it feels a little like "Who's on first?"

"Where are you going?"  "Who's going to be there?"  "How are you getting there?" But we love our kids, and the game, and nothing could be more important.

And if you're going to get your head in the game, why not do it sporting a little "Granny Chic?" 

Click here for this Crochet Headband Tutorial.  I hope you all enjoy, and "Play Ball!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...