Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Home Stretch

It's almost time, I have about 2 more rows, that's all, just 2 more rows on the Whispy Cardigan.  So why do I find myself blogging instead of knitting?  I guess I'm an excellent procrastinator.  But, why really?  Why not sprint to the finish line?  I guess because I've learned over many years and many more projects, that it's the doing that is the most satisfying.  The imagining, while creating, of all the things you will do with this new something.  And somehow, reality never quite lives up to the imaginings.  Perhaps that's one of the reasons driving my insatiable desire to create?

Be that as it may, I do want to finish.  I have plans to wear this adorable little shrug-like cardy for my Niece's graduation, which just so happens to fall on the same weekend as Mother's Day AND my Birthday.  So, I will CAREFULLY find my way back to my needles, and oh so patiently knit those last 2 rows, bind off, weave in the ends, and Block my piece.  Probably the first time I've ever blocked a piece, but this yarn and this cardy-like shrug deserve, no, demand it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...