Monday, August 22, 2011

Do A Good Turn Daily

Hiking was the "activity du jour" yesterday, albeit the girls and boys did it seperately and in their own respective ways.  Rachel and I enjoyed a beautiful morning hiking at Chatauqua, and dining afterwards.



Meanwhile, our trusty scouts were in the high country "sky walking" (Brad's words!). 




They hiked an impressive 7 hours and 7 miles to summit 4 14ers.  For you non-Colorado folks 14ers are mountains that have an elevation of 14,000 feet.  Trust me, it's hard! 

And the excitement didn't end.  This morning on my dog walk at the Boulder Resevoir a young CU student's Lab was bitten by a rattlesnake.  Poor gal, she didn't know what to do.  Well, Mommy Chicken to the rescue.  I grabbed the girls things and made them "hustle" (is there such a thing with a LARGE dog? ~ It had to weigh more than 100 lbs.) the dog to the car, and drove them to the nearest vet.  When we got there we found out we were the second snake bite victims to show up!

I'm so glad I could be there, really be there, in a calm and present manner to help these young ladies out.  Perhaps all this scouting business is rubbing off on me as well?

Remember the Boy Scout Slogan "Do A Good Turn Daily."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...