Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good Morning!


Is it true what they say, "Red Sky at morning Sailors take warning?"  Or "Red Skies at night, Sailors delight?"  Either way, wouldn't it be nice if they cancelled each other out?  I mean, why the fuss?  Does there need to be delight only to be brought down by dire circumstances and vice versa?  Why not be happy with plain vanilla?

I guess the New Year has me thinking, of course.  So many people so full of good intentions.  I'm not saying that I don't have any.  I guess I just want to stay the course.  Nothing dramatic.  One could say, the middle path, or that Goldilocks "just right" kind of place.  We have had a nice year, 2011.  Pleasant.  A few bumps here and there, but really I'm so grateful to say that we've been able to aright ourselves and stay the course.

I know so many people that had dramatic years.  Big changes, big surprises.  After being there to witness their journeys, I guess I'm asking to get my knocks in small, manageable, bit-size pieces.  I'm good with that.  Little challenges that encourage me to grow, without getting the wind knocked out of me.

Is it too much to ask  for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...