Thursday, October 6, 2011

14,001 Things To Be Grateful For

The other day I had the good fortune to be invited to pick raspberries with Max.  He was bringing in some washing from the line (yes he does help!) when he noticed the plethora of red, ripe goodness just begging to be harvested.  We had a very nice moment, he and I, just laughing our way around the patch and marveling at our good luck.

I want you all to know that I realize just how lucky I am.  I have a happy, healthy, and whole family.  We live in a beautiful corner of this world.  I am surrounded by people that love me, and that I fully love.  Clean air, a patch of earth that we can plant, dig, and scratch around in, and room to breathe.

So many are not as fortunate.  No homes, jobs, health care.  It can be overwhelming at times.  What can a body do?  My dear friend and coworker, Pam, has some thoughts on this.  Pop on over to her blog.  You won't regret it.  Shout out to you Pam - Woot!

In the meantime, I'm lucky enough to ask myself, "What to do with the bounty?"  Traditionally I make Raspberry Pie.  It's a favorite around here.  However, the new ice cream maker is still holding sway, so raspberry ice cream it is:

3 cups berries, pureed
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 + cup milk
1 cup sugar

Mix the sugar and milk until dissolved.  Pour into your maker with the rest of the ingredients and switch on.  25 minutes later, Heaven!

“Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...