Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year Indeed!

Well . . . looks as if one of my first resolutions would be to start posting on my blog!  It seems as with any of my creative pursuits it comes in fits and bursts, starts and pauses, at least until the kinks get worked out.  So rather than "do nothing perfectly" I think I will "do something imperfectly."

It's been a lovely start to the New Year.  We received our first big snow on the last day of 2010.  Good things come to those who wait!


These 2 gals were more than happy to take in the fresh snow and the added light that it brings.  They are the lowest in the pecking order, talk about cabin fever!, so they were more than happy to escape the coop!  It was such a lovely day, I had to get out and take a stroll through the neighborhood, even if there were more pressing things to do!


Quite beautiful, yes?  I had some company on the walk, although he didn't do much walking.  Pepper prefers to rip through the snow at high speed, until coming to an abrupt halt to sniff.  Try as I might I couldn't get a picture of him face with a snout full of snow, but this picture does indeed capture the moment and his joy of being out of doors.

A lovely quiet way to bring in the New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...