Sunday, July 8, 2012

Who knew?



It's really news to me that green beans produce purple flowers. Another surprise waking me up to the beauty of tending a garden. At least they sure look like green beans.

I should be ready for any manner of surprises because summer living has fallen into that lovely feeling of cruise control that I look forward to every year. Lots of back porch time to leisurely read and just stare off into the garden.

                                

Although it's a bit of a challenge to enjoy the peace guilt free. I do know that peace comes at a price. I earn it everyday with the tending of family and flock. Just the other day I had to go toe to toe with a bull snake who had been happily feasting on the ladies eggs.  Once that was managed I started gathering my favorite green eggs again.


Yes I was so excited I dropped one!

So although all is quiet in the country for now, I keep a watchful eye.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...